Are you stuck in a rut with your weight loss in 2022?
Do you feel like you've tried everything and nothing seems to be working?
There is one answer that has not been tried by some people, but that will have them dropping pounds like a ton of bricks.
Check out the reviews & rankings below to get started!
|Yoga for Weight Loss||Best Overall|
|Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown||Budget Pick|
|Yoga Sweat Yoga DVD||Upgrade Pick|
1. Yoga for Weight Loss
- Comes in 3 dvds with over 35 routines
- Ok for beginners to advanced
- Great routines with modifications
- Instructor is encouraging
- Short set so you can easily fit it into your routine
- Includes just a few vinyassa routines
- They do not explain specific poses
Yoga for Weight Loss is a great starter set for anyone interested in trying yoga. The set includes 3 DVDs with over 35 routines on them. The routines are broken down into 10 categories: cardio, legs, abs, arms, yoga, balance, stretching, yoga fusion, vinyasa, and yin. You can do a short 10 minute daily routine, or you can do a longer 30 to 60 minute routine.
There are plenty of modifications to make the routines more challenging or easier depending on your skill level. The instructor is encouraging and is there to explain poses along the way.
If you are already a yoga practitioner, you will probably want to add on to this set later. There are very few vinyasa or yin routines in here. None of the routines are done for longer than 5 minutes, so you’d have to add in some of your own longer routines to make up for that.
2. Yoga Conditioning
- Includes a warm-up and cooldown too
- Fun for newbies and experienced yogis alike
- Great for your abs, butt, and legs
- Great for women who have had babies
- Not too easy, not too hard
- The music is so-so, but not terrible
- You may need extra towels
Yoga Conditioning by Martina is a great workout. Not too hard, not so easy and the instructor is pretty, so that’s a plus.
If you are looking for a hip and sexy way to get fit and toned, we recommend Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss.
This workout is suitable for all ages and is a great way to become a leaner, meaner version of you, as the name suggests!
3. Weight Watchers: Yoga Starter Kit
- Contains a quality yoga mat
- A great way to get started in the world of yoga
- Encourages you to live a healthier lifestyle
- Tips and tricks for moving through poses correctly
- Post-workout flexibility exercises
- Fun use of the word bootay
- Encourages you to not be afraid of fitness
- Helps you learn how to properly breathe when doing different poses
- Makes the weight loss process more fun
- Helps you become more in tune with your body
- The yoga mat is small and thin
- The workout sometimes slips into an infomercial for Weight Watchers
- The workout moves really fast
- The workout gives you a run-through of the different poses but doesn’t show you proper form or how to transition from one pose to another
- The workout doesn’t tell you which poses and moves you should do at home and which ones you shouldn’t do at home (only that you need a yoga mat)
4. Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown
- Includes an ab workout
- Includes a flexibility training workout
- Includes 6 workouts
- Good variation of yoga postures
- Offers both beginner and advanced postures with details
- Good music
- Limited appeal beyond Jillian Michaels fans
- Might be too much yoga for some people
Ever wonder why Jillian Michaels is one of the most sought after fitness gurus? It is because she puts in a tremendous amount of work and utilizes her scientific knowledge to get the best results from her clients. The Yoga Meltdown DVD is a fantastic yoga program that anyone can reap the benefits from – it is the best beginner yoga DVD and the best yoga DVD for weight loss.
Beyond a doubt, Jillian Michaels delivers a ton of value for the money – you get a lot of yoga DVDs in this box, and they are of very good quality. The workout is very balanced and is a pretty good one for the intermediate biker. It is not a pure yoga DVD but a compilation of Jillian’s different yoga workouts. You begin with a vigorous 5-minute warm up and a 4-minute cool down.
5. Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga
- 35-minute workouts
- Low-impact yoga
- Various workouts with focus on different body parts
The Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga DVD is a series of simple yoga exercises designed to help you lose weight. Yoga is a great way to improve flexibility, balance, and muscle tone. If you’ve never tried it before, you’ll enjoy this series of workouts. It starts with Dr. Michael, a physician from the TV show The Biggest Loser. He guides you through a series of yoga workouts designed to target your abs, butt, legs, and arms. It’s not a strenuous workout, but it’s definitely a good one.
- 37 minutes of yoga and strength training
- Workouts target different parts of your body
- Target your core, your abs and various muscles in your arms, legs, and waist
- Designed to be a low-impact form of exercise
6. Beginners & Beyond: Yoga
- 41 minutes of exercises targeting problem areas
- No equipment needed
- Targeted workout
- Basic information about yoga
- Reflecting sections to relax and unwind
- Background music
- Beginner friendly
- Short but effective workout
- Not much variation in the exercises
- Demonstration would have been better
Beginner and Beyond comes in at number 2 on our list with a score of 8.1 out of 10. In this video, yoga expert Julie Gudmestad leads a yoga for weight loss routine which targets problem areas like the hips, stomach, butt, and thighs, without the need to purchase any equipment or get a gym membership. The workout runs for about 28 minutes, and only requires a yoga mat.
This video is perfect for if you’ve never tried yoga before, and Julie guides you through each pose and encourages you to try a different variation of each pose. You’ll feel more at ease with this workout compared to a more intense workout. Julie also provides her own definition of yoga, so you can be clear on what you’re getting into, and Julie’s body is a big inspiration to push your own body to new levels.
7. Yoga Sweat Yoga DVD
- Good quality production by a experienced certified yoga teacher
- Promotes fat loss due to the integrated 15 min HIIT workout
- The workout is about 60 minutes long so you can get a decent workout for weight loss
- The program is set to music and has a soothing background with Julie Schoen
- The program includes voiceover instructions by Julie throughout the team
- There are beginner, intermediate and advanced workouts
- You can follow the workouts as many times as you want
- The workouts are very flexible in you can do them inside on the mat or outside
- The beginner workout is easy enough for anyone 12+ to start with
- The intermediate and advanced workouts are challenging for even experienced yogis
- Its not a yoga DVD to be use as a beginner
- Julie Schoen offers support on Facebook so she is easy to get support from.
- This is not a cardio DVD its more of a yoga DVD to do for weight loss and flexibility
- There is no nutritional advice included in this program
- Some of the workouts are low on energy and a bit bland.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best yoga DVD for weight loss?
Before we get into our list of the best yoga for weight loss, I’m going to discuss a little about the two